Monday, January 19, 2009

ideas for productions for EAT!

During MFMDing, I kept thinking of ways to do theatrical adaptations of art works. Primarily because in MFMD we staged The Annunciation and The Pieta. Now that I'm taking conceptual art, my mind's gone kinda crazy with the concept. So I came up with:

The Gallery: Three rooms (staged at Boston Avenue Playhouse, where this would work) and each room has art works hanging on the walls, with actors before each piece peforming them. They would be art works that wouldn't necessarily be realistic, with recognizable human forms. I'm gravitating toward Duchamp, Kandinsky, Pollock, etc.

Maybe an entire room devoted to female nudes. Another devoted to conceptual, non-human forms. Another comics and/or graphic novels.

Phallus Pan: Our version of Peter Pan. This has the most excitement generating now, probably because everyone knows I'm not above strapping 5 foot phalluses to actors to make a point.

This one's still in the works, but I'm falling in love with it:

An adaptation of The Diary of Anne Frank. Kyle Conway suggested (after he finished laughing) I call it Anne Frankenstein or Frankly Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment